In our discussion with Jerome, we learn about his experiences in the restaurant industry in Asia and Europe. We also talk about the challenges of customer acquisition and his growth strategies in Hong Kong’s competitive market, as well as the importance of adapting to different types of clientele.
Jerome also shares his experiences designing and operating restaurants in Hong Kong and France, as well as the impact of COVID-19 on the industry. Enjoy!
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
- ● The origin of the name “Boheme”
- ● The difference between expatriate and local clientele in China
- ● How Jerome met Olivier and opened their first restaurant
- ● The reason for the success of Pastis restaurant
- ● Customer acquisition
- ● Adapting to changing customer expectations
- ● Jerome’s growth strategy for his company
- ● The importance of speed of business in Asia and how it differs from the standard approach in North America and Europe
- ● How Jerome and his partner managed to open 18 restaurants in 15 years
● Challenges of opening a restaurant in France compared to Hong Kong
● Business operational efficiencies
- ● The efficiency and pragmatism of government officials and laws in Hong Kong, including the process of obtaining licenses.
- ● Future expansion plans for BRG