In this episode of The Negotiation, we are excited to welcome to the program, Jacob Cooke, the Co-Founder and CEO of WPIC Marketing and Technologies. Jacob is usually based in Beijing where he oversees the China operations for WPIC Marketing and Technologies, however today he is joining us from Tokyo, where WPIC also has a significant and growing presence. We thought it would be perfect timing for him to join us and tell us what he sees in Japan and update us on the country’s booming e-commerce landscape.
We cover all the significant topics one would expect if looking to enter the Japanese market as a new entrant, including a high-level overview of e-commerce in Japan, emerging consumer trends and preferences; key regulations and legal requirements that foreign brands need to be aware of when entering the Japanese e-commerce market; the role of social media, influencer marketing and live-streaming; & Japan’s unique logistics and distribution systems landscape and some of the challenges it may present for foreign brands who are unfamiliar.
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● WPIC’s operational landscape in Japan
● Overview of the current e-commerce landscape in Japan
● The hottest sectors for cross-border e-commerce in Japan
● Key regulatory and legal requirements, with nutraceuticals as an example
● The role of social media, influencer marketing, and live streaming
● The unique logistics and distribution systems in Japan & how they impact e-commerce
● How WPIC is able to serve multiple APAC markets with a single source of inventory and ERP
Let's take the first step.